"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken" ~ Oscar Wilde

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Procrastinating

I'm just gonna be straight. That's what I'm doing. Procrastination = Brooklynn.  I have ONE more day worth of school and yet I can find no drive. I have assignments that I need to finish in less then 24 hours yet I'm writing this. I will do them straight after... I think.  I finished my last speech tonight. I think it went fairly well although Youtube is being a complete (useless) tool.  It was great that my dad got to be their for my final speech taping. He works so much I hardly get to see when I make the a hour and a half drive to visit.  I'm a COMPLETE Daddy's girl. Its very evident. I'm looking forward to a week with them at thanksgiving. I will be covered in flour, sugar, and stress. The week of thanksgiving is so much fun at mom's house. Its been a tradition that my grandmother started when I was just an ickle little one.  We bake every kind of cookie, fudge, sweet that you can think of.  Sugar cookies are the main thing. We started out decorating them with candies. Baking candies, red hots, sprinkles, and those little silver decorative balls (which we later found out were poisonous if ingested... WHAT?!)  We now make a homemade royal icing and dye it all different colors. We decorate with fricktons of sprinkles and sugar and whatnot. (No silver balls) LOTS of pictures will come that week. Maybe a few recipes. I have to come up with a new recipe to make also. Every year mom  has each one of us pick out one new cookie or cake or bar or whatnot that we would like to make. Last year I made apricot and raspberry filled thumbprints and peppermint white chocolate fudge. Delicioso. Funny thing about all this... I hate sweets. OH well, Until next time. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment