"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken" ~ Oscar Wilde

Thursday, November 25, 2010

I'm not lost.

I suppose I should do an update. I counted on being able to update my blog this week but well.. its been very busy.  I'm at my parents' house. We have been blowing alllll week. I mean cookies cookies cookies cookies and all kinds of other baking. Its a tradition in our house to bake frickloads of sweets during the week of Thanksgiving. The highlight of course are the previously mentioned sugar cookies with icing.  We had lots of fun with that. My aunt, who is actually younger then me by six months, (Kari) and her sister, (Kansas) came over to help the situation. Kari's daughter Averi is 9 months and decorated her first sugar cookie. What a doll. We have baked so much that it is unreal! I'll post pictures of different things when I make it back home Sunday.  We had lunch out at a park today. My Dad's side of the family rents a big building for us to mutually meet and eat.  I have about a 3 hour break right now before I will be heading an hour south to visit with my mom's family. I'm really looking forward to seeing my Meme and PapPap. I don't get to see them enough for my liking. Derek gets off work at 3. He will have a 2 and a half hour drive to meet me there and then he is driving back tonight.  We have a Thanksgiving dinner planned for Saturday at our house that is mostly just close family and such. Derek is coming back tomorrow night and staying and we will drive back home Saturday night. I think he may go hunting with my dad Saturday while I cook and...*sigh*....bake. Haha. I'll update as soon as I find time and inspiration. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment