"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken" ~ Oscar Wilde

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Rent a Limo?

So I woke up this morning with my space bar glued down. Yesterday I spilled coffee all over my desk and directly on my iphone speaker. Luckily my phone is back working (mostly).  I didn't realize in all my iphone-love induced haste, that I spilled my sugar filled coffee onto my keyboard, so now I have a gloppy syrupy sticky space bar that is working slower then Derek at 6 am. Speaking of Derek, he will have to help me figure out how to fix it, because its not one that you can just pop the keys out. But, anyhow, moving on...

I have a lot going on this week. Derek had to request to move around his scedule a lot this week. My birthday is a week from today, on the 12th. My mother's is on the 14th, so we always share our celebration, so the whole family is getting together on the 11th. Derek, of course requested this day off over a month ago. He also had to request evening shift Monday for a Doctors appointment for me. (Everybody hates the evening shift anyways.) Well, with the holidays baring down on every business and Corporate is paying a visit to his job, His main boss needed him there... Its complicated but there is NO way he could be off either Monday or Saturday. We were gonna have dinner with the family anyway so we will be there in plenty of time Saturday.  The problem lies with Monday.  I called my doctor near tears. I asked would I be able to come in any other time. Its not that he can't re-schedule me, its that I have important tests he has to do that HAVE to done on that day. Bugger.

This isn't an issue for most people, except that I haven't driven in 3 years? I am deathly afraid of driving. Especially in town. I have driven on open highway maybe twice since Derek and I have married.  I can't fully explain why I am so afraid of it. I can drive like a pro, I'm just too paranoid.  I've lost a lot of people my age, and friends and such in wrecks and I think over the years it has taken its toll. Derek and I moved to Orlando immediately after we got married and I was never able to drive there. I tried once because I had to and I almost had a huge wreck so I was paralyzed. I pulled off the road, and called Derek and told him I wasn't moving the car. He came and got me.

Issue at hand, I still have to get to the doctor Monday. Since I am a reclusive hermit (okay, shy may work better here), I can't ask anyone else to take me.  Derek says he will rent me a cab. Seriously? No... I'm not riding with some smelly guy that I can't understand... even if it is 5 miles.  "FINE, How about a Limo?" okay.. yeah.. I'm gonna roll up into the doctor's office parking lot in a Limo.  Right. 

Derek and I are practice-driving to the doctor's office tonight. I will be driving tomorrow... I think.  If I make it home alive tomorrow and un-traumatized then I will try to post again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment