"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken" ~ Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Soup and... random bobblehat

It is very rare that food is left over in our house since I am basically married to a Hoover Vacuum.  I have had for a week now, leftover turkey and things from our Thanksgiving.  My dad packed up an impossible amount of Turkey and vegetables and stuff. Derek has been eating it some this week since I have totally boycotted cooking. Seriously, I have had a LOT going on this week and haven't found time so we have individually been fending for ourselves for the most part.  I woke up early today since my sleep has been off so much.  I have stayed up 2 entire nights just this week. I made my coffee and set out some soup to thaw from the freezer.  I then decided I needed more refrigerator space and a fresh soup would be nice.  I pulled out the slow cooker and started making me some soup. I made some chicken broth, chopped a few veges, chopped up the leftover turkey, opened a few cans, and added a few seasonings. Turn that bugger on for 8 hours and VOILA! Soup. Derek will be happy to have a warm meal that isn't something instant. Don't get me wrong... I LOVE to cook and I do cook really often. Thanksgiving and all that baking took its toll on me though. I'm bouncing back haha.

I think I forgot to mention yesterday that I failed my driver's test when I was 17. Our tests aren't on a track. They are in town, with real traffic. Yep, I ran a red light.
But, as you can tell, I made it to and from the doctor safely yesterday. I drove myself, no limo.  I ran a tiny stop sign that didn't matter and ALMOST ran a red light. Hurray for fast brakes and a quick reaction-ed lady behind me. Oh, and I may or may not have ridden the whole way home with the emergency brake up *cringe*. All joking aside, I think it really helped me to get in the car and just go yesterday. Being by myself showed me that if I had to, I would be fine driving here. Derek and I have some fun special plans for tomorrow and Thursday, so, you will hear more from me on Friday. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment