"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken" ~ Oscar Wilde

Monday, December 20, 2010

Happy Birthdays!!!

Yes, Birthdays. My mother and I both had a birthday this past week along with Fefe! Mine was on the 12th, my mother's is the 14th, and Fefe's the 17th. I was 23, my mother 45, and Fefe 5. :)  We had lots of fun surprises and we had our birthday party this Saturday. Because my birthday party was postponed, Derek brought me home a cake. It was adorable!

Yes! Its a dog! Fefe went crazy. We set it on a small ottoman I have and she kept running by and barking at it. She thought it was real!






Fefe also had a little surprise of her own, I got up that morning at 5 am and cooked her and Derek a nice breakfast with eggs and turkey bacon. She also got tons of treats all day. At the very end of the evening, she got a brand new bed, which she loved! (Complete relief, she is very picky)





<-------------------- Proof!











As if I wasn't already indulged enough, Mom made a 40 pound cake for our birthdays. It was... massive.. to say the least, and very.. Charming.  Bless her heart, That was a LOT of work to put into something with her having been sick all last week. She did so well. <333. 

 I received lots of sweet and thoughtful gifts from everyone. We had such a funny moment at one point. Derek handed me his gift, and I was really thrilled to see a TOMS shoe box! YAY! I recently bought my first pair in the burlap and I LOVE them.
They are so comfy, cute, and a really good cause. I told Derek I wanted a black or red pair, so that is what I was expecting. I was charmed when I opened a herring bone gold glittery pair. They were super cute. I gave him a genuine surprised look as I said "OH! I wasn't expecting these!"He looked at me even more surprised and said "NEITHER was I!?" 
He explained that they were supposed to be black and we laughed SO hard, we then noticed they were also 2 sizes off. The box said the right size, and black but the wrong shoes were in there and they wrapped it at the store. OOPS? It was fun. I liked that pattern anyhow but he exchanged them for the right pair yesterday.

Altogether, I had a WONDERFUL birthday and I couldn't have asked for more. <3 More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment